Interns will be expected to joyfully serve 5 days a week in a cafe environment along with other team members to provide for the physical and spiritual
needs of people of various ages and nationalities by creating a hospitable atmosphere.
These duties and expectations include:
– Help to open the cafe and participate in prayer prior to opening and closing the cafe each day.
– Ability to honestly handle money.
– Giving practical information and directions to those who ask.
– Serving those walking the Camino by preparing foot baths and providing ice packs for weary travelers.
– Willingness to lovingly share their faith with people from different walks of life and various religious beliefs.
– Occasionally lead in the Bible reading and time of contemplation held in the cafe.
– Attempt to engage with those in the cafe as well as those in the community, regardless of the language barrier.
– Living with integrity and being a reflection of Jesus in the cafe and in the community.
– Ability to live with others and share in the responsibility of community living.
– Attend weekly meetings with Oasis Trails as well as church weekly.