The Camino de Santiago, or the Way of Saint James, is one of the most important pilgrimage routes in Europe. The route is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and each year more than 200,000 pilgrims travel along the route. Many of them are seeking deeper spiritual understanding as they travel along the way. Join our team in serving the needs of pilgrims as they travel along the route.
You will be expected to joyfully serve alongside other team members for 5 days a week in a cafe or food truck environment to provide for the physical and spiritual needs of people of various ages and nationalities by creating a hospitable atmosphere.
These duties and expectations include:
– Help to open the cafe and participate in prayer prior to opening and closing the cafe each day.
– Ability to honestly handle money.
– Giving practical information and directions to those who ask.
– Serving those walking the Camino by preparing foot baths and providing ice packs for weary travelers.
– Willingness to lovingly share their faith with people from different walks of life and various religious beliefs.
– Occasionally lead in the Bible reading and time of contemplation held in the cafe.
– Attempt to engage with those in the cafe as well as those in the community, regardless of the language barrier.
– Living with integrity and being a reflection of Jesus in the cafe and in the community.
– Ability to live with others and share in the responsibility of community living.
– Attend weekly meetings with Oasis Trails as well as church weekly.